Using RTP Library

May 31, 2012 at 10:44 AM

What is the level of implementation of RTP in your library?

I am a beginner and I want to develop a windows phone app for VoiP. As far i searched, I had to learn protocols like RTP,RTCP and also I need their implementation.

Can your library help me in any way?

Also, can anyone say how i should proceed?

Thanks in advance..

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Also, please give me an example of building a simple RTP client/server in WP using your library..

Thanks in advance...

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Also, please give me an example of building a simple RTP client/server in WP using your library..

Thanks in advance...

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM

The current WPFXMPPClient.exe program in the solution does audio RTP between 2 instances of itself, certain version of google talk, and between the open source 'Jitsi' program - but it only works on windows.  It's a little more involved than just RTP since it also sends STUN packets and performs ICE procedures.  The PhoneXMPPClient is a windows phone version of the client.  It can make calls to the WPFXMPPClient, but cannot accept calls.  I use it daily but it is currently limited by the features of windows phone.  It also doesn't have acoustic echo cancellation and has to buffer more than a windows client because of cpu and cellular network speeds.

If you want to examine how the RTP library works and have 2 PC's and 2 accounts that are buddies, you can see it yourself by making a call between the two (just click on the little speaker icon by the buddy) using the windows client.

If you just want to look at the code, look at the RTPAudioStream.cs file in the RTP solution.   It basically uses the RTPPacket class to encapsulate the compressed audio data and send it over RTP.  The JingleMediaSession.cs file contains the controller classes to handle the session state. 

Brian

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Well, thanks with the application. Its working great. I would like add call accepting feature to the phone application. What are the things i should do?

Bharath.

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Hi, Brain. Thanks for your application.

Recently, I want to realize the audio transmission form a windows phone to a desktop through RTP(just one direction). I have tried to deploy the PhoneXMPPClient to a windows phone, and it worked successfully. But when I want to build the WPFXMPPClient on a desktop, it comes with the error that "Cannot open include file: 'MSRKinectAudio.h':No such file or directory.". Could you please give me some advices about this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Zhe