Is there going to be a server library for XMPP eventually?

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Hello all,

I'm just curious whether there will be a server library for the XMPP protocol in here?  I ask because there seem to be very few XMPP server libraries written in .net, and most of the ones that do exist, seem to be only for the client side.  Please let me know. 

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 7:11 AM

We had no plans on writing a server library in the near term, but wanted to focus on client features such as video.  If you're interested your more than welcome to add it.  Let us know your plans!

Brian

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I don’t know; I could, but there are a bunch of things that I plan to get myself into after learning C# all the way; I’m not good, but I’m getting there. One of them is to port the Openfire XMPP server from Ignite Realtime to the .NET platform from Java. It’s about time that a .NET open source XMPP server exist. And that means that I’ll probably be on board with you guys though, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:11 AM
To: Katherine Moss
Subject: Re: Is there going to be a server library for XMPP eventually? [xmedianet:358141]

We had no plans on writing a server library in the near term, but wanted to focus on client features such as video. If you're interested your more than welcome to add it. Let us know your plans!

Brian